Does anyone actually enjoy feeling pain? As much as we dislike it, pain protects us by acting as a warning when there’s something wrong with
The Reality Imagine a single mother of two kids. She barely has time for herself. While working at a professional cleaning services company, she developed
COVID-19 Antibody Testing Antibody testing for COVID-19 is no longer new to us especially since the pandemic has worn on. To date, there are three
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of patients, chose direct primary care
- Busy people that want the convenience of getting ahold of their primary care provider when they need them, not 3-4 weeks later.
- People with high-deductible insurance, cost-share or have elected to have no insruance. Direct Primary Care is genius in saving people money.
- People who travel. Did you know that if you visit an Urgent Care out of state, your insurance plan will likely deny the entire bill because “it is out of network”? Well Life ABQ to the rescue. Many ailments can be treated remotely. Prescriptions can be called in to wherever you are. And you can follow up when you return. There are also Direct Primary Care Clinics springing up all over the country. Many of these clinics are happy to see a DPC member from another clinic for a nominal fee. No Urgent Care hassle or expense.
- Families! Kids get sick. Kids need school notes. Parents and kids need to stay healthy.
- People that want their provider, to actually know who they are. With a max of only 300members, Well Life ABQ actually knows your name when you call or visit. Most family practices have a patient panel of over 1,000 patients per provider. They aren’t available when needed and they don’t know you.
- Membership is like being part of a family. There is a genuine “INVESTED” interest in keeping you healthy.
- People that want to save money.
Click To Listen To Our Podcast Episode For More Information On DPC
Principles of Integrative Medicine include:
- Patient and practitioner are partners
- Mind, body, spirit and environment are all factors that influence health and must be considered
- Both conventional and alternative therapies facilitate the body’s innate healing capacity
- The least invasive, most natural interventions are employed first-line whenever possible.
- Based in good science. Is open to new paradigms.
- Health promotion and prevention are employed along with “treatment”
- Integrative practitioners are committed to self-development and should exemplify its principles.
Supplements are available for purchase in the office or online. After your first appointment, you will be sent a link outlining your recommended supplements. Members will receive 10% off all supplements purchased online through Well Life ABQ or in office.
Nurse practitioners work in all health care settings. NPs are in private health care practices, clinics, hospitals, schools, nursing homes, student or employee health centers, and everywhere patients receive health care. NPs are often the only health care providers in the rural areas of New Mexico. The New Mexico Board of Nursing licenses NPs in New Mexico as independent practitioners, so NPs aren’t limited to working where there is a physician. And yes, we can write prescriptions.
There has been much research over the last 40 years showing that NPs provide excellent health care. NPs give their patients care resulting in health outcomes as good as (or in certain situations better than) those of physicians. NPs often spend more time with patients and their education and practice is based on listening closely to patients’ concerns and providing individualized care. Patents who see NPs are more satisfied with their care and say their NP is very good about giving health advice. NPs provide high quality care in a cost effective manner. For more information, download detailed reports from the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners on the quality of care and cost effectiveness of NPs.
Simply click on the icon and the documents will open in a new page.